Prof. Upankar Chutia is an Assistant Professor at the Alliance School of Law. He holds a Master’s degree (LL.M) in Business Laws from Symbiosis Law School, Pune under Symbiosis International University, Pune, and a Bachelor’s degree in law (B.A., LL.B) from BMS College of Law, Bengaluru under Bangalore University, Bengaluru.
He has presented and published papers in national and international conferences/ journals in his areas of specialization and research. He has also published articles and papers in diverse areas of legal research.
His area of research is Intellectual Property Rights relating to Folklore.
1. “Folklore and Community Benefit Sharing in India” Published in Indian Journal of Legal Philosophy, ISSN No. 2347-4963, Impact Factor: 1.116, Volume 4, Issue 2, June 2016.
2. “Analysis of Folklore Protection Regimes Around The World” Published in Indian Journal Of Legal Philosophy, ISSN No. 2347-4963, Impact Factor: 1.116, Volume 4, Issue 3, September 2016.
3. “Global Perspective and Initiatives on IPR with Special Reference to Folklore” Published in Vivekananda Journal of Research, ISSN No 2319-8702, Volume 7, Issue 2, December 2018.
4. “Changing Impact of Honor Killing in Modern Indian Society”- (SSRN-2014).
5. “Corporate Scams and Need for Corporate Governance” - (SSRN-2014).
6. “Natural Law Theory and its Influence in Indian Laws Relating to Fundamental Rights (Article 14, 19 And 21) and Case Laws Relating to It”- (SSRN-2014).
7. “Agrarian Reforms in Mughal Period”- (SSRN-2015).8. “Intellectual Property and Human Right Violations”- (SSRN-2015).
Book Chapter Publications
1. “An Analysis of Folklore and Community Benefit Sharing in India and Worldwide” Published in Book Titled, Multidisciplinary Landscape: Global Trends and Transformation, Published by K.V Publisher and Printer, New Delhi, ISBN No 978-81-934484-1-0, in 2018.
1. Presented A Paper Titled “Global Perspective and Initiative on Intellectual Property Rights with Reference to Folklore” at a National Conference on “Emerging Trends in International Law: Issues And Challenges” Held on 21st April 2018 Organized by JIMS School of Law, Noida.
2. Presented a Paper Titled “An Analysis of Folklore Rights in Relation to Intellectual Property Rights” At an International Conference “Recent Advances in IPR Law” On 28th April 2018, Organized by Parul Institute of Law, Vadodara. The Paper was awarded as ‘The Best Paper’ at the Conference.
3. Presented a Paper Titled “Surrogacy in India: Challenges and Position” at A Symposium Organized by Amity Law School, Noida on 6th and 7th March, 2019.
Courses, Workshops and Conferences Attended
1. Participated in Capsule Course on “Intellectual Property for Corporates” Organized by Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS)
2. Participated in Capsule Course on “Mediation” Organized by Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS).
3. Participated in Workshop on “Cyber Law- Contemporary Issues” Organized by Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS).
4. Participated in Two Days Workshop on “Introduction to Construction Law in India” Organized by Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS).
5. Participated in Workshop on “Legal Academic and Creative-Writing” Organized by Amity Law School, Noida (AUUP) held on 27th to 29th May, 2015.
6. Participated in National Workshop on “Role of ADR: An Effective Tool to Settle Commercial, Industrial and Social Disputes with Special Reference to New Arbitration Law” Organized by Chanakya National Law University- The ADR Center Academic Collaboration held on 30th August 2016.
7. Participated in World Conference on Environment-2017 Organized by National Green Tribunal, held on 25th and 26th March 2017.
8. Participated a Workshop on “How to Write a Research Paper”, Organized by Amity Law School, Noida.
9. Participated at 47th Annual Conference Of ISL Held on 12-13th May 2018 Organized by The Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi.
10. Participated in National Conference on Copyright Enforcement Held on 20th April, 2018 Organized by Delhi University, New Delhi.
11. Participated in One Day Training Program on Human Rights in Collaboration with National Human Rights Commission on January 2019.